About This Career
Quality Control and Inspections Professionals implement a wide variety of inspection, repair, risk assessment and corrosion management tools and technologies. They monitor new equipment installations, as well as assist the maintenance department in developing preventative and repair strategies by assessing the condition of the equipment. Their goal is to control equipment and facility integrity in order to ensure safe and reliable performance and to prevent injury to personnel or defects in products or project works.
- Regulatory Inspectors conduct inspections of oil or gas drilling sites, well servicing, well abandonment operations, enhanced oil recovery production operations and pipelines to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Asset Integrity Inspectors provide technical support in developing corrosion prevention techniques that meet codes and standards, reduce failures, minimize operating costs and extend the life of the company's assets.
- Electrical and Instrumentation Specialists ensure that electrical and instrumentation equipment meets applicable regulations, codes, standards and specifications.
- Quality Control Inspectors design, implement and maintain the company's quality program for large, multi-disciplinary projects.
- Subsea Inspectors provide specialized services to the offshore oil and gas industry such as subsea inspection techniques, corrosion assessment, pipeline engineering and pipeline integrity management systems.
Education: A post-secondary diploma or degree or trades certification in a relevant field, along with significant technical knowledge and experience, is required for most roles. Depending on the focus, the required education could include petroleum, chemical, mechanical and materials/metallurgical engineering, welding, electrical/instrumentation, power engineering or non-destructive testing.
Employment: This occupation is found in both onshore and offshore environments and is typically employed in the exploration and production (E&P), oil sands, oil and gas services, and pipeline sectors of the oil and gas industry.
- Here are the two most recent postings:
Maintenance technician - non-destructive testing (ndt)
Posted on Nov 20 2017
By atlantic crane & material handling limitedDartmouth Dependant upon experience
Eddy current tester
Posted on Nov 08 2017
By innovator industrial services inc.Edmonton Dependant upon experience
Working from Heights
Business and Operations Support
Oil and gas services
Exploration and production
- Post-secondary diploma