About This Career
Supply Chain Analysts identify efficiencies or recommend changes by analyzing supplier capabilities, service levels, product delivery, supply chain processes, spending and trends. They research industry trends, analyze organizational processes and workflows to identify gaps, make recommendations for improvement, and ensure compliance with organizational governance requirements. They also contribute to the development, maintenance and optimization of supply chain policies. Depending on the size of oil and gas company, their scope of activities can include land management functions, drilling logistics and asset lifecycle management.
Supply Chain Analysts interact with internal staff and external clients and suppliers involved in the purchasing and movement of goods and services. They also contribute to the development of Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and all elements of contracts from creation to execution and renewal.
Education: A post-secondary degree in business or supply chain management may be required.
Employment: This occupation is found in onshore environments and is typically employed in exploration and production (E&P), oil sands, pipelines and oil and gas services.
Example titles: Process Improvement Analyst, Supply Chain Business Analyst, Logistics Analyst, Procurement Analyst, Inventory and Improvement Analyst
- Business Analyst to Fleet Analyst to Purchaser/Buyer
- E-commerce Analyst, Category Specialist, Category Manager, Director of Supply Chain
- Examples of progressive or lateral occupations within the Oil and Gas Industry:
- Procurement Technician to Contracts Administrator or Procurement Analyst
As Canada prepares for the launch of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) sector, this occupation will play a key role in:
- LNG facility operations
When the LNG industry takes off, you can be a part of the action!
Mild Physical Activity
Careers also exist in the following industries:
- Building material and supplies wholesaler-distributors
- Chemical manufacturing
- Computer and electronic product manufacturing
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing
- Farm product wholesaler-distributors
- Food, beverage and tobacco wholesaler-distributors
- Food manufacturing
- Heavy and civil engineering construction
- Local, municipal and regional public administration
- Machinery, equipment and supplies wholesaler-distributors
- Machinery manufacturing
- Paper manufacturing
- Specialty trade contractors
- Transportation equipment manufacturing
- Transportation industries (air, rail, truck)
Business and Operations Support
Oil and gas services
Exploration and production
- Post-secondary degree