About This Career
A Vibe Technician's primary role is to ensure the proper functioning of the seismic crew's fleet of vibrator energy source systems by performing required checks, maintenance and repairs on electrical and mechanical support units. They also record all repairs and damages. The Vibe Technician ensures daily maintenance is performed and conducts inspections on wireless and vibe data equipment. They are also responsible for the inventory of parts for the vibrating units. They interact with all members of the seismic crew as well as geoscience professionals who analyze the vibe data.
Education: The educational requirements for this occupation differ significantly depending on the employer. Certain employers do not require a post-secondary education while others may require at least some electrical/electronics training or engineering background.
Employment: This occupation is found in onshore and offshore environments and is typically employed in the oil and gas services sectors of the oil and gas industry.
Example Titles: Seismic Vibe Truck Technician, Seismic Truck Technician, Vibrator Truck Technician, Seismic Service Technician
- The following are examples of progressive or lateral career paths for this occupation:
- Vibe Operator to Technician to Supervising Technician
- Here are the two most recent postings:
Roughneck, service rig - oil field services
Posted on Feb 05 2018
By hurley well service ltdAlbright Dependant upon experience
Service rig roughneck - oil field services
Posted on Jan 08 2018
By global well servicing ltd.Drayton valley Dependant upon experience
Mild Physical Activity
Long Periods of Standing
Some Overtime Required
Careers also exist in the following industries:
- Forestry and logging
- Heavy and civil engineering construction
- Mining and quarrying
- Non-residential and residential building construction
- Petroleum and coal product manufacturing
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Public administration, including regulatory
- Rail transportation
- Truck transportation
- Utilities, including renewable energy
Oil and gas services
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- This occupation often requires demonstration of mechanical aptitude.
- All positions require some experience working on a seismic crew and/or experience working on heavy equipment.