The Petroleum Labour Market Information (PetroLMI) Division of Energy Safety Canada is your source for labour market information and trends in Canada’s energy industry.
The oil and gas industry is undergoing a structural shift due to lower oil and gas prices, which has resulted in a contraction in employment, reduced spending and a focus on productivity. Amid these economic and market changes, the industry is pursuing solutions to address an aging workforce, technological innovation and increasing competition for talent.
PetroLMI’s mandate is to collaborate with industry, government, educators and training agencies to support and advance the development of a sustainable, skilled and productive workforces. PetroLMI specializes in providing oil and gas labour market data and insights, as well as resources for workforce and career planning.
About Careers in Oil + Gas
In response to a need for a credible and comprehensive source of Canadian oil and gas industry career information, the PetroLMI Division of Energy Safety Canada created the Careers in Oil + Gas website. The Careers in Oil + Gas website:
- Provides an overview of the Canadian oil and gas industry
- Shares monthly labour force data
- Describes what it’s like to work in the industry
- Details the many career options available within the industry
- Explores and compares the qualifications, skills, training and aptitudes needed for hundreds of careers in the oil and gas industry
- Forecasts employment needs
- Reports workforce trends
This website was funded by:
- The Government of Canada’s Sectoral Initiatives Program, and
- The Province of Alberta working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.
The site launched in November 2007 and was developed through collaboration of eight key partners:
- Canadian Association of Geophysical Contractors (CAGC)
- Canadian Association of Energy Contractors (CAEDC)
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP)
- Canadian Energy Pipelines Association (CEPA)
- Energy Safety Canada
- Government of Canada’s Sectoral Initiatives Program
- Petroleum Services Association of Canada (PSAC)
- The Explorers and Producers Association of Canada (EPAC)
Employment in Petrochemicals and RefiningPosted
Petrochemicals The chemical industry in Canada is a diverse group of companies that create everything from basic chemicals and synthetic fibres to p...Continue reading