- Exploration and production
- Oil and Gas Services
- Oil sands
- High school diploma
About This Career
Behind every good Manager is a good Administrative Assistant. You look after day-to-day details, from answering phones to filing and organizing meetings. You keep the office or department and the people you work with running efficiently and on schedule. You are the go-to person for organizational tasks, recommendations and support. Do you like being organized? Do you like to be informed about what is happening in the office? Are you good at working with a variety of people? You may be have the skills to be an Administrative Assistant.
Administrative Assistants perform a variety of administrative duties in support of an organization and its managerial professionals. These duties may include maintaining file systems, coordinating schedules, preparing correspondence and presentations, handling confidential information, arranging conference calls, and preparing agendas and meeting minutes. Administrative Assistants interact with many others from different departments across an organization, as well as with clients, suppliers, executives and the public. Computers and office equipment such as photocopiers are their primary tools. Administrative Assistants often use accounting software, desktop and graphic software, database and enterprise management software.
In this occupation activities may include:
- Greeting visitors, ascertaining the nature of their business and directing visitors to appropriate staff
- Scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements and scheduling meetings
- Coordinating and managing logistics and suppliers for special events, technical conferences and meetings
- Maintaining a filing system for both electronic and hard copy files
- Assisting in preparing reports, bulletins and alerts
- Performing word processing of letters, memos, reports, agreements, exhibits and general business correspondence
- Preparing presentation materials, including charts, graphs and slides
- Assisting in and/or organizing meetings, events and conferences may be required
- Administrative Assistants require a high school diploma and a 1- to 2-year college diploma or specialized administrative certificate. Several years of experience is typically required.
You are organized and detail-oriented. You are a strong typist, and you are comfortable using a variety of computer software. You are friendly and can work well with a variety of people.
- Active listening
- Computer use
- Attention to detail
- Customer and personal service
- Critical thinking
- Document use
- Planning and organizing
- Strong computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting
- Mining and Quarrying
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Transportation and warehousing
- Public administration
By Chenco resource corporation
$22.50 hourlyView Job
By SAN INDUSTRIES LTD.
$26.50 hourlyView Job
Also known as
- Technical Secretary
- Executive Assistant and Office Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant SpotlightPosted
Behind every great manager is a great Administrative Assistant. These individuals seamlessly keep an office running smoothly. They look after the day-...Continue reading