- Oil and Gas Services
- Oil sands
- Post-secondary degree
About This Career
Famous engineer Henry G. Stott once said, “Engineering is the art of organizing and directing men and controlling the forces and materials of nature for the benefit of the human race.” Imagine then, leading an entire team of engineers! As an Engineering Manager in the industrial construction industry, you mentor, direct and pull together the tasks of a diverse team to successfully complete a major project.
Engineering Managers plan, organize and direct the activities required to ensure oil and gas operations are safe, efficient, reliable and in compliance with all established contracts, agreements, policies, laws and regulatory procedures. They make or approve major operating, business, engineering and maintenance decisions.
Engineering Managers mentor, direct and align a team of diversely experienced engineers with the needs and goals of the business. They also guide the team to ensure any proposed engineering solution is efficient and realistic for the business.
In this occupation activities may include:
- Conferring with management, production and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures
- Coordinating and reviewing the technical work of the department or project teams
- Ensuring plant and facility engineering and performance meets design expectations
- Reviewing, recommending and approving contracts and cost estimates
- Working with internal teams around costing and commercial oversight for projects
- A post-secondary degree in engineering is typically required, along with extensive industrial experience that includes supervising others.
- Standard and emergency first aid
- H2S Alive
- Specific health and safety certifications will be determined by job requirements
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is usually required.
You possess strong leadership skills and highly-tuned technical skills. You advanced to this position because of your mastery of engineering, however, not every engineer makes a good leader. You demonstrate exceptional communication, organization and negotiation skills while motivating and mentoring staff working toward common goals.
- Managing personnel resources
- Managing material resources
- Planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Engineering and technology
- Managing financial resources
- Judgment and decision making
- Administration and management
- Building a successful team
- Active listening
- Mining and quarrying
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Public administration
Engineering Service Project Manager
$265,000.00 annuallyView Job
Related Careers in Oil & Gas
Also known as
- Mechanical Engineering Manager/Lead
- Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering Manager/Lead
- Production Engineering Manager/Lead
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager/Lead
- Engineering Research and Development
- Project Engineering Manager/Lead
Engineering Manager SpotlightPosted
Engineering Managers in the industrial construction industry mentor, direct and pull together the tasks of a diverse team to successfully complete a m...Continue reading