- Exploration and production
- Oil and Gas Services
- Oil sands
- Petrochemicals and Refining
- Post-secondary diploma
About This Career
Oil and gas operations can contain extremely complex production or construction activities. The Logistics Coordinator knows where everything needs to be and when it will arrive. They coordinate logistics such as transportation, delivery, stock management, purchasing, and warehousing in energy projects ranging from exploration, construction, to operations and maintenance.
Oil and gas operations can contain extremely complex production or construction activities. The Logistics Coordinator coordinates logistics such as transportation, delivery, stock management, purchasing, and warehousing in energy projects ranging from exploration, construction, to operations and maintenance.
Logistics Coordinators are the daily on-site traffic coordinators ensuring daily operations meet and align with over-arching schedules. They work within project teams, or within a supply chain logistics department.
In this occupation activities may include:
- Communicating with project managers to understand project requirements and advise of scheduling changes.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for drivers for daily work and ensuring order fulfillment. Monitoring the progress and execution of the work plans and adjusting forecasting accordingly.
- Responding to inquiries and requests for information from staff and direct staff to the appropriate individual.
- Coordinating and monitoring logistics of the movement of parts, supplies and materials within a facility and ensuring that supplies, materials and products are shipped and received on schedule.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- College or technical diplomas relating to operations, logistics or supply chain management may be requested by employers.
- Certification is not required, as there is currently no legislation regulating this occupation.
- Specific health and safety certifications may be required, determined by location of work and company requirements
Logistics Coordinators need to be highly organized and capable of multitasking. They have a strong attention to detail and can understand and draw connections from complex data. They also are able to build relationships with a variety of people.
The flow of goods and services never stops in the oil and gas industry, which means that neither does the job of a Logistics Coordinator.
- Data Entry
- Managing Material Resources
- Planning and Organizing
- Time Management
- Mining and quarrying
Similar careers also exist in the following industries
- High Technology
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Military (MOSID)
- Renewable Energy/Clean Technology
- Supply Chain
Related Careers in Oil & Gas
Also known as
- Production Coordinator
- Production Scheduler
- Scheduling Clerk
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Production Clerk
Logistics Coordinator SpotlightPosted
Oil and gas operations can contain extremely complex production or construction activities. The Logistics Coordinator knows where everything needs to ...Continue reading