- Exploration and production
- Oil sands
- Oil and Gas Services
- Petrochemicals and Refining
- Post-secondary diploma
About This Career
The energy sector is one of the most technologically dynamic industries in the world. As operations continually improve and evolve, companies consistently require their employees and contractors to upgrade their knowledge and skills. Training Coordinators develop, evaluate and implement training and learning programs to ensure an organization’s employees and contractors learn and abide by policies and procedures and gain new skills and knowledge necessary for an organization’s ongoing operations.
In this occupation, activities may include:
- Assisting in the development of corporate training, human resources and administrative policies.
- Assisting in planning and participating in emergency response exercises.
- Developing and revising training programs, documents and evaluation systems.
- Establishing learning and training objectives for individual employees to support business operations and personal development goals.
- Coordinating, tracking and supporting training activities across departments.
- Identifying, recommending and implementing appropriate in-person and electronic training programs and courses.
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of training communications, programs and employee orientations.
- Monitoring training costs and evaluating effectiveness of training programs against established goals.
- Evaluating learning and training needs of an organization against regulated or mandated training, certification and licensing requirements.
- Identifying and selecting appropriate internal and third-party providers to deliver training programs.
- Developing and managing training and learning budgets for individual departments and organizations as a whole.
- Supporting leadership development and training programs.
- A university degree or college diploma in human resources management or a related field, such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology or completion of a professional development program in human resources administration is required.
- Communications and Media
- Customer and Personal Service
- Education and Training
- Laws and Regulations
- Human Resources
- Promotion of Occupational Health and Safety
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Public Speaking
- Writing, Technical Writing, Document Production
- Managing Personnel Resources
- Planning and Organizing
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting
- Mining and quarrying
- Wholesale trade
- Retail trade
- Transportation and warehousing
- Information and cultural industries
- Finance and insurance
- Real estate and rental and leasing
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Management of companies and enterprises
- Administrative and support
- Waste management and remediation services
- Educational services
- Health care and social assistance
- Arts, entertainment and recreation
- Accommodation and food services
- Public administration
Related Careers in Oil & Gas
Also known as
- Training and Development Officer
- Training and Development Supervisor
- Training Officer - Human Resources
- Training Adviser
- Training and Development Consultant
- Training Programs Supervisor
Your hub for information on career transitioningPosted
The Career Exploration Forum has ended, but all the recorded content is now available on the Careers in Oil + Gas YouTube channel! You’ll find experts...Continue reading