- Exploration and production
- Oil and Gas Services
- Oil sands
- High school diploma
About This Career
You’re the information triage, the go-between. You are the link in a chain of professionals required for an oil and gas company to fulfill its obligations with regulators and partners. You gather information on a well or facility asset from the field, ensure it’s captured in a database and, if it’s appropriate, report it to regulators, project partners or others in the company.
Well and Facility Asset Management Professionals gather, analyze and report information about company well and facility assets, including operating and non-operating wells (onshore and offshore), and field-based facilities and pipelines. They have in-depth knowledge of wells and facilities and manage the technical and regulatory reporting requirements throughout the assets’ lifecycle.
In this occupation activities may include:
- Analyzing well operations reports to ensure the wells and facilities asset management system accurately reflects the operations and down-hole configurations
- Recording surface pressures and gas and liquid rates and determining a well's production viability
- Liaising with government agencies, partners and internal staff regarding operational reporting and data sharing issues
- Generating reports and information from the wells and facilities asset management system to support business decision-making
- A high school diploma (or equivalent) is typically required. However, a post-secondary diploma or degree in a relevant field, such as business, petroleum technology, land administration or records management is considered an asset. The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), in partnership with the Centre for Energy Asset Management Studies (CEAMS), offers an Energy Asset Management (EAM) two-year diploma.
- Specific health and safety certifications will be determined by job requirements
- Standard and emergency first aid
- H2S Alive
You know a lot about oil or gas wells and facilities. You enjoy being able to serve as a resource. You’re organized and exceptionally good with multitasking, demanding deadlines and time management.
- Active listening
- Quality control analysis
- Attention to detail
- Document use
- Administration and management
- Law and government
- Critical thinking
- Planning and organizing
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Mining and quarrying
By SAN INDUSTRIES LTD.
$27.00 hourlyView Job
Purchasing Contracts Management Officer
By Siva & Associates Inc.
$25.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)View Job
Related Careers in Oil & Gas
Also known as
- Operations Analyst
- Drilling and Completions Technician/Technologist
- Well and Facility Asset Technician
- Drilling Administrator
- Pipeline Analyst
- Regulatory Analyst
- Fixed Asset Analyst
Well and Facility Asset Management Professional SpotlightPosted
Well and Facility Asset Management Professionals record and report every status update and change at a well. From the moment a well is drilled to the ...Continue reading