- Career Planning
- PetroLMI News
Coming soon: a new online career tool!
Do you find it difficult to find up-to-date information on oil and gas occupations? Are you wondering what skills you need to transfer from your current job into a new job in oil and gas? Do you want to know what training and education you should take to better qualify?
Then we are developing the tool for you! With the Careers in Oil + Gas web tool, you can discover your future in oil and gas.
What can this tool do?
The Careers in Oil + Gas eb tool will allow users to assess their skills, explore different career paths and identify gaps in the training and education they need within the oil and gas industry. Whether you are looking to transfer into the industry from another sector or transfer within it, this one-of-a-kind tool can help!
Who can use it?
Anybody! Whether it be a career planner, career counsellor, school teacher or industry HR rep, the tool will address a variety of needs for those exploring careers in the oil and gas industry!
When will it be ready?
PetroLMI plans to launch the first phase of the tool next spring. Can’t wait that long? No worries – we’re getting ready to share a “sneak peek” of what the tool will look like in October! And we’ll have some updated occupational profiles to go along with it!
How can you help get the tool ready?
If you’re an experienced professional in the oil and gas industry, you could help us validate our updated occupational profiles! Don’t have experience in the industry? That’s okay – stay tuned for more updates on the tool and share them with your friends!
Calling all SMEs
To make sure we build the best career tool for the oil and gas industry, we need the help of the best people in the oil and gas industry. That’s where you come in – we need oil and gas professionals to validate the updated profiles of 36 oil and gas occupations (the building blocks of our tool).
Validating is easy and can be done in the comfort of your home or office! Think you can help? Check out the list of occupations we need validated by subject matter experts below:
- Chemical process engineers
- Chemical process technicians and technologists
- Petroleum engineers
- Petroleum geochemists
- Cost engineers
- Joint venture representatives
- Land negotiation and administrative professionals
- Operations accounting and regulatory reporting professionals
- Regulatory affairs professionals
- Stakeholder relations professionals
Drilling and completions
- Drilling and service rig helpers, labourers and semi-skilled workers
- Drill and service rig operators
- Well services helpers, labourers and semi-skilled workers
- Well services operators
Electrical and process control
- Automation engineers
- Control centre operators
- Electrical technicians and technologists
- Quality control and inspection professionals
- Civil engineering technologists
- Health and safety professionals
- Petroleum plant and facilities operators
- Well and facility asset management professionals
- Geotechnical engineers
- Geoscience technicians and technologists
- Seismic helpers
- Seismic operators
- Oil and gas transportation operators
- Pipeline engineers
- Pipeline transportation helpers
- Marine deck officers and crew
- Marine engineering room crew
- Offshore oil and gas marine specialists
- Heavy equipment operators
- Mechanical engineers
- Mechanical technicians
- Valve technicians
If you or someone you know can validate one of the occupations listed above, please contact Heather DeBoer at [email protected] or 403-516-8049.
We appreciate any and all help during our validation process. Your industry is counting on you!
- Career Planning
- PetroLMI News